Saturday 25 July 2015

Painting and trial assembly

I've spent the last couple of weeks painting, initially very slowly with a brush and then much faster with a small foam roller. The white is ordinary exterior gloss, and seems very soft at the moment. The wood colour is International Woodskin - a wood stain with a slight gloss finish. I've not yet done the full three coats but where I have I can see that each coat looks shinier than the last.

I'm very happy that I was persuaded not to just paint it all white, I love how it looks.

Here are all the pieces before and after assembly.


Doing up the bolts on the ama is fiddly and slow. The main hull isn't so bad but the rocker means that they don't naturally line up and I needed a helper to lift one bow.

Oh, there's also a trolley made from a cut down Optimist trolley. The kids had a lot of fun pushing each other around on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment